tisdag 12 augusti 2014

Introduction

Time for another investing blog. I usually write in Swedish (as seen here) but I enjoy writing in English more and some of what I write about I believe will be more relevant to investors across the pond and likewise I'll hopefully be able to receive some feedback as well.



About me
I am an engineering student who received some money to invest when I turned 18. Student loans and grants are quite favorable in Sweden which makes it easier to get by with investing capital at a young age. I think it's good to start as soon as possible to get the ball to start rolling. I love dividends but have realized that total return is the thing for me. Luckily some companies in Scandinavia embellish this fully and give both growth and dividend without losing quality. I don't follow and probably will not follow a purely DGI strategy even though DGI companies will be present in my portfolio. What's nice with DGI companies is the appreciation that comes with it and the dividends that come while I wait for my investments to mature.



To be clear. I will sell when I think a stock is overpriced. Preferably the stock will appreciate as the company evolves but alas, Mr Market has a mind of it's own. So what I look for is Dividends and Value and if possible growth. Most of what I own are now or have been undervalued even thought my Blue Chip companies have appreciated so far that I'm considering selling even though I try to keep my transactions to a minimum. All my holdings give dividends as seen in my portfolio in the bar at the top of the page. The only exception is Vardia, which is a Norwegian insurance company that went public this spring, I think the company has a lot of potential and follow it closely.

Portfolio
Stable DGI holdings:
Fortum Ojy (HEL:FUM1V)
Statoil ASA (STO:STL)

Growth:
Mr Green & Co AB (STO:MRG)
Bahnhof AB Series B (STO:BAHN B)
Protector Forsikring ASA (STO:PROCT)
Vardia Insurance Group ASA (STO:VARDIA)

High Yeild:
Awilco Drilling ASA (STO:AWLCF)
American Reality Capital Properties (NASDAQ:ARCP)
Iron Mountain Inc. (NYSE:IRM)
Pheonix Group Holdings (LON:PHNX)
Atea ASA (STO:ATEA)

Turn-Around:
Ganger Rolf  ASA (STO:GRO)

Both ARCP and PHNX could fit into the Stable DGI territory but since they both, only have four years of history and their high yeild they fit more inte to high yeild category for now. I only have one turn around and I'm not sure I'm keeping it. Atea could also fit into the Stable DGI territory but it lacks the size I would like to be more stable. I see potential for all stocks mentioned to appreciate. For sector and currency allocation check out the tab Portfolio in the menu.

Contents of the blog
That was all for introductory remarks, if there are any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to write more of my thoughts of each company and what I see for them in the future as well as thoughts on investing and how I like to Invest. Companies I'll try to cover will mostly be US stocks but I'll try to get into my other investments as well.

Full Disclosure: Long all stocks mentioned

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar